“Magic Questions to Qualify the Prospect for Network Marketing”
Magic questions help you get insight into the prospect’s thinking and instantly create rapport. The purpose of questions with prospects in network marketing is to qualify them.
In the old days before most of you were born (exception noted), magic questions were asked in not so subtle ways. You qualified the prospect by asking questions which were not so obvious about showing their intent.
If you wanted to find out about how the prospect’s friends viewed them, you would ask, “What is your favorite animal…what qualities do you see it as having?” The idea was the animal was a subconscious symbol of how their friends looked at them. If the prospect picked a cat, their friends saw them mean spirited. If the prospect picked a dog, their friends viewed them as loyal.
It didn’t work then and it wouldn’t work with today’s millennial generation, but you get the idea of the importance of asking questions.
Good qualifying questions require the right magic questions to ask.
Two Magic Questions to Qualify the Prospect
Our goal? Ask magic questions to qualify the prospect on whether he is ready to start a network marketing business and has the time that it takes to put into it to succeed.
Without these two qualities in the prospect…desire and time…you’ll make a lot of presentations to people who are totally not interested.
So, the first thing we must do is find the right magic questions to ask the prospect.
What are the right questions to ask? The ones which get down to business and are not so subtle.
Q.:“Do you want to earn some extra money?”
Q.:“Are you willing to set aside fifteen to twenty hours per week?”
(Big Al Tells All).
That’s it. All we need to do is ask two magic questions which are direct and get to the point. No need in wasting time with dribble and unending conversation which gets us nowhere.
The power of asking the right questions is simple. Listening is hard. Listen to the prospect’s answers. With these two magic questions, we “break the ice” and are immediately down to business.
Does the magic lie in the questions? The magic lies in the answers. So pay close attention to what the prospect says and how they say it.
Other Magic Questions to Qualify the Prospect
The power of questions opens people up to their own vulnerabilities and reveals insight into who they are. When I ask…“Ever wish you could travel more?”…I am giving the prospect the opportunity to reveal where he or she would like to travel and how expensive their taste in travel might be. It might also reveal some other things…not only having a lack of finances for a vacation but the lack of funds for other things I can use that knowledge to match them to the products and opportunity which I must meet those needs.
I meet Joe and Judy, a young couple just starting life together. I ask them where they would like to travel if money were no object. They tell me they would like to travel to Hawaii and stay at the Kahal Hotel & Resort in Honolulu but see no way of doing it in the foreseeable future due to finances. They have revealed more to me than the desire to travel. They revealed their vulnerability of the lack of finances. If they lack in finances with travel, they lack in finances with other things as well. I would then dig deeper and ask what other things you wish you could do if money was no object.
Knowing what I know about Joe and Judy, I can approach them with my business opportunity. My company just happens to have a vacation bonus 6 X’s a year all expenses paid to any luxurious resort on planet earth. I can add to it by certainly getting them on the financial road to success. I can show them how they can achieve their other dreams and goals which cannot be fulfilled because their bank account won’t allow it.
Here are twenty-seven additional magic questions which you can ask your prospect to qualify them for network marketing:
- Would you be open to a side project that didn’t interfere with what you are currently doing?
- Would you be open to exploring another avenue of making income part time?
- What has recently changed in your life that has you open to a home business?
- Ever wonder if there was a way to make money on Facebook?
- Ever get the feeling you were meant to do something great?
- If you had the money, would you jump at this opportunity?
- I know you don’t know but if you did know, what would you really like to have in life?
- How long will you have to continue working that many hours?
- Ever wish you could travel more?
- Ever think about how you would like to spend more time with your family?
- If someone were willing to show you how to make money from home, would you be coachable?
- Did you know there are ways to create income that flow into your bank account whether you roll out of bed of over in bed
- If you had a magic wand, what would your perfect job be?
- If you had a magic wand, what would your perfect life be like?
- When you said you wanted to spend more time with your family, were you serious about that?
- Do you keep your options open when it comes to making extra money?
- Know anyone that has been affected by the economy that might be open to making some extra money?
- I am looking for a good financial planner/realtor/whatever to work with in the home business I am doing part time, do you know any?
- Do you like helping other people and would you be interested in getting paid to do so?
- Do you see yourself doing what you are doing 20 years from now?
- Have you found what you are looking for that will provide ultimate freedom for you and your family?
- If money was not an issue, what would you do for fun?
- If money was not an issue, how would you help people?
- What is it you would like to see in a home business?
- What do you like about what you are currently doing?
- What would you like to change about your current situation
- What challenges have you faced in the past?
- What are your goals for this year? Why?
- What made you join a home business in the past?
- What did you hope to get out of your last home biz that you didn’t get?
The magic questions? Questions about desire and time.
What do these questions do? They give us insight into the desires, goals and dreams of the prospect.
Learn how to qualify a prospect and ask the right questions…you will get from them if they have the desire, time and what it takes for network marketing.