The power of the Presentation in Network Marketing!
And why they are so important.
Learning the power of the presentation in network marketing is critical. Because you are literally always one presentation away from success or failure.
Put another way; if the first thing that comes out of your mouth gives the wrong impression, it’s over. You’ve lost your chance.
That is the bad news.
The good news is; people have the attention span of a goldfish. And that means we don’t have to be good or “powerful” for very long!
New team members in network marketing have two problems.
- They have received no direction to how to do a presentation
- They don’t know what to say or when to say it
The first words we say about network marketing can generate a negative reaction or a positive reaction. So, which would reaction would you like to get?
If the first words we say can cause prospects subconscious programming to kick in — and mentally guard their wallet — maybe we should re-evaluate what we say? Seems like a good idea, right?
Remember, this is not a daunting task for the simple reason that we know we do not have to be good for very long. So let’s dig in!
Let’s learn how to bypass a skeptical mindset or defensive self protection reaction by learning a few simple things to say.
Learning the power of the presentation in Network Marketing does not take long. And once you have a few skills for delivering a powerful presentation, as long as you prospect enough, you cannot help but win!
3 Effective Strategies for Developing a Powerful Network Marketing Presentation
Strategies for developing a powerful presentation about network marketing hold true for any kind of presentation:
- An opportunity presentation at someone’s office
- A telephone presentation to a new prospect
- A sales presentation to existing customers or for getting new customers
There are three effective strategies for developing a powerful presentation about network marketing.
- Create a presentation of first words
- Focus on the prospect and not on yourself
- Tell stories over presenting facts
Create your presentation based on the first words that begin each statement!
When you peruse your phone for a good movie, order off a menu in a restaurant or just search Google for something to read about, you view only the first words to see if it sparks your interest. If it does, you read on. If it doesn’t you discard it in the mental trash bin of your mind.
The same process applies to everyone who hears a powerful presentation about network marketing. If it’s powerful enough, it will have first words that get the prospect on your side. If it’s weak, no matter what other words you use, it loses them forever.
What do I mean by first words? It’s literal. It means the first words that the prospect hears or reads are the words which will either impress or depress them.
The importance and strategy of a good first sentence is the key for making powerful presentations about network marketing.
When your team mates don’t know what to do, don’t know what to say, and don’t know how to start a successful presentation, they do nothing.
First impressions are lasting. Bad impressions are forever. Untrained distributors destroy good prospects and turn them into anti-network marketing vigilantes
Here are three questions to ask yourself when you give a presentation:
- Does the first sentence turn the prospect off?
- Does your first sentence make you sound like a salesman?
- Does your first sentence make the prospect put up sales-resistant shields?
Or does your first sentence make your presentation memorable or your prospect immediately want to be your partner or buy your products?
What are the some of the first sentences for starting a powerful presentation about network marketing?
If you are speaking to a group or an individual prospect with whom you’ve already built some rapport, you could approach them like this:
- A few days ago you said you would like to quit your job. If you have a few minutes, I would like to tell how you can quit your job and make more money.
- I agree with you that your car is on its last leg. If you have a few minutes, I would like to tell how you can get a new car year after year and make no car payments again.
- Last time you remarked about not affording a much needed vacation. If you have a few minutes, I would like to tell how you can go on 6 all-expense paid vacations to any spot on the globe you wish.
- Something you said the other day impressed me about working a few hours a week with a corporate paycheck. If you have a few minutes, I would like to tell how you can work 10 to 15 hours a week for a CEO paycheck.
- Last time your remarked about wanting a raise at work. If you have a few minutes, I would like to tell how you can get a 50% raise and work from home.
- You once said you’d like more deductions on your taxes. If you have a few minutes, I would like to tell how you can get business deductions just like the big companies and working from home.
- I see your point about not having the money for your daughter’s college education. If you have a few minutes, I would like to talk to you about getting scholarship money for your kids without interfering with what you are currently doing for a living.
Examples first sentences used in poor presentations:
- Let me tell you about my wonderful opportunity.
- I’ve got a great opportunity that I know would be perfect for you.
- Do you keep your residual income options open?
- I just got involved with a wonderful opportunity and products.
- This is a ground-floor opportunity guaranteed to be a winner.
Between these two approaches, you get the idea. One is a powerful presentation about network marketing using a first sentence approach. The other is a sales pitch that will deflate a hot air balloon.
Some sentences will create an atmosphere for the prospect to want more. Other sentences will close the minds of the prospect instantly.
Focus on the prospect and not on yourself
Pretend you are the prospect –
What would your prospect like to hear in a powerful presentation about network marketing?
They don’t want to hear about you, your company or even your products and services. They want to hear what your company, products and services can do for them. They want to hear answers to the question in the back of each of their minds with every presentation they hear: “What’s in it for me?”
When making powerful presentations about network marketing, they want to know this opportunity, product or service can help them solve their problems and fulfill their needs.
Recently, I asked the email list from my blog this question: What do you want to hear in a presentation? Here are some of the top 22 things prospects have on their minds when they hear a powerful presentation about network marketing in the health and wellness industry:
- Can I do this business without getting fired from my job?
- How can this business help me get out of debt fast?
- What is the cost and can I afford it?
- How can I pay for Christmas?
- What do you have to help me pay for my kid’s college education?
- Will I make enough money to pay off my home or buy a new home without a mortgage?
- How can I get out of my clunker and buy a new car?
- Can I walk away from boss without worry of where the next paycheck is coming from?
- Will this help me with paying for my vacation which I want desperately for myself and my family?
- Will this help me replace the job I lost?
- How can this help me get out of that 9 to 5 grind?
- Will I be able to earn a six-figure income in a year or two?
- Will it help me with paying off my credit cards?
- Will it help me with lowering all my bills?
- Will they train me to be successful, or will I have to do this alone?
- How can this reverse aging?
- Will this product help me lose mega-calories like a runner without the running?
- Can this boost my metabolism?
- What does it do to my hormones and sugars? Will it reduce blood sugars and harmonize my hormones?
- What does it do to my blood pressure? Will it lower it and how?
- Can this help me with relieving knee and joint pains?
- Will it interfere with my current medications?
Learn how to prepare for a presentation about network marketing by keeping these 22 questions in your mind.
Tell stories over presenting facts
You’ve heard the old saying: “Facts tell and stories sell.”
Developing network marketing presentation skills begins with learning the art of telling stories over facts.
Let me illustrate what a good story can do over the facts when you present a powerful presentation about network marketing.
You walk into a network marketing presentation and the presenter starts out with saying, “I’ve found this awesome business opportunity. Would you like to hear about it?” That’s when you are ready to bolt out the door because you know the sales pitch is coming next.
Let me illustrate another scenario.
The presenter starts off by saying, “Let me tell you what happened to me 3 months ago.” What would you say? You’d probably replay back, “What happened?”
You have assumed it is a story and you want to know the end.
Creating an effective presentation about network marketing begins with a story. Creating a powerful presentation about network marketing which helps avoid rejection by the prospect requires a story.
If you are unsure of what to say, start out by saying, “I’ve got a good story.”
People love stories about other people. They are interested in what people do and what they say. It is in everyone’s nature.
So let’s start off with a first sentence and offers a story about people, not facts.
Let me illustrate.
Which of these two sentences do you find interesting and effective?
- Our opportunity provides you with built in tax advantages that can reduce your effective tax rate from 31% to 28%.
- Let me tell you about a man in New Orleans, Louisiana and was in real estate not making a lot of money who now earns an extra $1,400 a week and can stay at home with his kids.
I think you would want to learn about the guy in New Orleans.
How about these two statements – which of the two would do you like best?
- Our Vita energy product is packed with goodness, including a special amino acid mix including L-arginine. It also contains our special blend of vitamins, minerals, fruit extracts and antioxidants, including green tea, acai berry, purple corn anthocyanin, camu camu and lutein (marigold extract).
- Let me tell you about Mary who was listless and run down with no relief in sight from medications her doctor prescribed. And by taking our product Vitaenergy, she now has more pep in her walk, she can go to games with her kids without being tired, and she lost two inches from her waist in two days.
It doesn’t take a genius to figure it out. Number two is the winner by far which illustrates a powerful presentation about network marketing.
Talk about people. Tell their story. People will listen. These make for a powerful presentation about network marketing.
For the art of learning how to brand products with stories tap HERE.
The Power of the Presentation in Network Marketing
This true story of my own life illustrates the way of making a powerful presentation about network marketing that shines to get prospects attracted to you like a mouth to a flame.
My name is Dale Moreau, and I want to take you on a journey – a journey from breadcrumbs to loaves.
Let’s start with the breadcrumbs first.
Picture yourself –
Making a six-figure income with champagne taste but living on a beer bottle budget.
Imagine being up to your eyeballs in debt with credit cards maxed out and interest mounting month after month.
On top of all that, put yourself in the place of having a mortgage you can’t afford, rent on items that you can’t pay for, and a family that you are ready to hock at the nearest pawn shop just to make ends meet.
Picture having a job with a lifeless, blood-sucking boss that yells at you every day of the 15 years you have been with the company. Yet you’re making the company hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.
Picture yourself coming from a small town to a big city to work, where the commute to the job is 80 miles one way and stuck in traffic up to two hours at a time.
Put yourself in the place of being overweight but malnourished, stressed out with your energy levels drained daily by the verbal beatings that you take from your boss, from working 12 to 15 hours a day, and from the commute to work and stuck in traffic, and from the financial mess you have placed yourself in.
This picture shows life is not easy, though you make enough money to cause many people in your community to be jealous with envy.
I don’t have to picture it. I lived it, because that was breadcrumbs of my scattered life.
Maybe you aren’t making a six-figure income but you certainly know about debt and feel the financial crunch from the meager salary you eek out from a boss you’d like to fire. You know what it’s like of not being able to take a vacation because finances forbid it.
You might have a mortgage that is draining your bank account or a rent that you can’t afford.
You certainly can understand the grind of commuting to work, turning you into a lifeless drone day in and day out.
And many of you live lives of stress, weight gain from overcompensation with your energy drained each day from the meager existence you drum out. You come home from work without the energy to cook a meal, see your kids to bed, too tired to help them with their homework, and wishing life could be more than merely existing.
There is a better way …
a revolutionary new way for you to take back control of your life …
—to get out of debt,
—go on vacations with your family and all expenses paid …
—a way to fire your boss and never have to worry about money again.
There’s a new movement where you can gain back your health, take control of your time and finances and live the life that you dreamed. It is a movement of mind, body and finances.