4 Magic Steps to achieving your Goals in Network Marketing
Achieving your goals in Network Marketing comes down to four magic steps. It is that simple.
Follow these four magic steps faithfully, and achieving your goals in Network Marketing is 90% assured.
- Step #1: Dream. Pick the goal of your dreams.
- Step #2: Check if this goal matches your personality type.
- Step #3: Check if this goal is in line with your values.
- Step #4: Find a mini-habit that will make achieving your goals automatic.
That is it. That is our network marketing goal setting worksheet for building dreams and achieving goals. Not too hard. When we follow these four steps, you’ll be achieving your goals in Network Marketing and building your dream. Then the magic happens:
- We feel natural internal motivation every day.
- We never have to mix feelings about the direction of our lives.
- Every day is a fun day as we enjoy the journey to our goal.
- The mini-habit assures us that we are making progress every day.
So, let’s dig into the four magic steps.
Step #1: Dream. Pick the goal of your dreams.
This is what my good friend Steven Burke says is the “wishin and hopin” part of achieving your goals in Network Marketing. “Wishin and hopin” are not enough to achieve your goals, but it is a start. We start by choosing a goal we want to accomplish.
Choose an initial goal that is congruent with our values. For example, if our value is looking good by being dressed in the finest clothes, choose a goal to buy the finest clothes on the planet. This may be silly to you, but it is not silly to someone whose goal is to look their finest and best.
Another example? If you desire to travel the world and have a good time, choose a goal of earning the kind of money in Network Marketing that allows you to have fun at the most luxurious exotic beaches on the earth.
Once we pick a goal, we can check if it matches to our personality type.
Step #2: Check if this goal matches your personality type.
Network Marketing success depends on this step. To follow this step, we have to know the four types of personalities.
- Yellow personality.
- Blue personality.
- Red personality.
- Green personality.
The yellow personality can be described by the word “HELP.” They love helping people.
The blue personality loves to “PARTY.” They love having a good time.
To the red personality goes the prize. “MONEY!” Red personalities love money and lots of it.
The green personality loves “INFORMATION.” The green personality is Pac Man, eating up all the facts, trivia, data and information which they can find.
Step #3: Check if this goal is in line with your values.
There are fourteen values for achieving your goals in Network Marketing which make up what most people call “important.”
- Financial security.
- Desire to be rich.
- Desire to look good.
- Loving relationship with a partner.
- Career fulfillment.
- Desire to feel needed.
- Personal enlightenment.
- Adventure junkie
- Aim for fame..
- Desire to have a good time.
For example, look at value #8: Desire to feel needed. If we were a yellow personality, that would be near the top of our list of values. People with this value:
- Want to be depended on.
- Are busy all the time.
- Volunteer with extraordinary stamina.
- Are loyal.
- Always wanting to help.
If you’re a yellow personality, you will find fulfillment and happiness when this value is used in achieving your goals in Network Marketing. Network Marketing leads from other yellow personalities will gladly follow you when you keep with this value.
Step #4: Find a mini-habit that will make achieving your goals automatic.
Network Marketing groups would do well to follow this magic step.
To build our goal-achieving muscles, we must exercise victories in small goals which give us confidence to achieve larger goals.
So, let’s start with something simple. The best Network Marketing companies to join are those that talk to you about achieving small simple victories first before you tackle larger ones.
So let’s begin with something simple.
- Have a short time limit for our goal. One week, two weeks, or even four weeks. For example, commit to one week of training using your company tools and instructions from your uplines to be successful in your Network Marketing business. Then proceed to longer weeks of training.
- Make our goals small. Talk to one person a week for two weeks about your opportunity and your products and services. Then move on to talking to two people a week, followed by three people a week, etc.
- Make your goals fit your personality color. If you are a green personality, you don’t like talking to people much. We would dread working like that. But we can find other green personalities to talk to. We can talk shop with them because they are like us.
- Make sure our goals are in alignment with our values.
Now on to finding our MINI-HABITS.
What are mini-habits? Small things that we can do easily for achieving your goals in Network Marketing day after day that become automatic.
Stephen Guise has a set of books dedicated to the science of mini-habits… everything from brushing your teeth to losing weight.
Instead of willpower, we can achieve our goals with habits. But not big habits. Not hard habits. With small, easy to do mini-habits.
For achieving your goals in Network Marketing, we start with something small. Something easy. Something we can do regularly.
We will let our mini-habit put us in front of new people to meet…AUTOMATICALLY.
Examples of smart goals for Networking and Network Marketing can be as simple as:
- Say “Hi” to one stranger a day.
- Attend one webinar every week.
- Join two Facebook groups one a week.
- Send out a message to someone new on social media every day.
- Talk to 2 people a day on social media about your opportunity, services and products.
Each time we finish a habit, it makes it that much easier to form larger habits.
Let’s imagine we sell immunity products. We want to win the company trip to Hawaii. To do this, we calculate that we have to talk to 2 people a day on Facebook to see our presentation on our immunity products. What kind of min-habit could we create to make this possible? Here are some examples.
- Send one invitation a day to people on our friends list. We don’t care about our daily results. But we know that if we send out enough invitations, we will get some who will want to join our team or buy our products.
- Ask one new person a day on Facebook to see the information on our presentation.
- Follow-up with a phone call to each person who sees the presentation.
Pretty easy, right?
None of these activities are hard. We would pick one or two, and over time, the results would accumulate.
So, what do think? Do you think achieving your goals in Network Marketing is hard? Or is it easy? I say it is easy when we know the four magic steps.