The ice breaker is a very effective prospecting tool for Network Marketing
How to turn the Young & Old into hot prospects.
The ice breaker is an essential tool for Network Marketing.
It is impossible to sell or sponsor if we don’t have interested prospects, but how do we get them? We use the ice breaker as the instrument of persuasion that gets us the chance to talk to people about the good stuff we offer.
It is the ice breaker that introduces our business in a social conversation and with almost zero rejection. The ice breaker moves the conversation from social chit-chat to business in a socially acceptable way.
However, the ice breaker we use for young prospects is not the one we use for someone who has a family or is retired.
There is an ice breaker that appeals to young people that won’t work on a mature prospect. And there are ice breakers that appeal to mature people that won’t work on a young candidate.
So we learn different ice breakers for younger and older prospects. I even use another type of ice breaker for business owners or under certain circumstances. But I digress.
The Ice Breaker for a Younger Prospect
Here are several examples, and one is a favourite:
- I show students how to pay off their college debt before finishing school!
- After you finish your degree, do you really want a job, or would you rather stay at home and get paid to text with people on social media?
- I am just curious, do you want to work for 4o or 45 years like your parents did, or would you like to be able to retire in 5 to 10 years?
- Do you want to work five days a week and have two-day weekends or work two days a week and take a 5-day weekend?
My favourite is the “retire in 5 to 10 years” ice breaker.
The Ice Breaker for Mature Prospects
You will see how different these are right away. Here are some examples;
- You know how we work and work, and at age 65 we can think about retiring on a pension that is less than what we could barely live on when we worked? Well, I just found out how we can retire in 5 years and at full pay.
- I show retired people how to get an extra paycheck every month without getting apart time job, like becoming a Walmart greeter!
- Well, you know how the bills we paid over the years meant we could not save as much as we wanted for retirement? I just found out how to get a 2nd paycheck in retirement without getting a part-time job!
My favourite is the “Walmart Greeter” one. What about you?
The ice breaker turns the prospect’s attention to their problem and away from feeling like we are selling them. They visualize the solution and even ask us for more information.
The Ice Breaker Formula
How can we create icebreakers? Know the formula.
- I just found out + Great Benefit.
- Would it be okay if + Great Benefit.
- I show people how to + Solve a Problem.
- I am just curious + Great Benefit.
- Well, you know how + problem + I just found out + Solve a Problem.
- What are your two biggest __________ problems?
With the formula, we now have the ability to create hundreds of unique ice breakers. And, once we get used to using them, we can even create them on the fly!
It is the way to introduce our business or product in any social conversation without embarrassment.
To the prospect, the ice breaker does the selling, not us. And that is why they are the zero rejection way to build your business.
I talk about a sponsoring test in another short post you may wish to read. It proves that you do not need to search for perfect prospects, and it is a training example that my friend Tom BIG AL Schreiter created.