“The Secret to Connecting with Customers and Potential Prospects in Network Marketing”
The Secret to Connecting with Customers and Potential Prospects
Would you like to know the secret to connecting with customers and potential prospects in Network Marketing? Where they’ll sign up or buy from you repeatedly? Where they will be begging to hear what you have to offer?
The secret to connecting with customers and potential prospects is in learning the art of building INSTANT trust and rapport.
Most amateur Network Marketers will start off building trust and rapport with customers and prospect by showing off the company credentials.
- The size of the company office.
- The testimonials on the company website.
- The great communication skills of the company founders and leaders.
- How soft the chairs are in the company headquarters.
- The 106 levels of the compensation plan.
- How great the training is.
The problem with these credentials… they do not build trust and rapport. Customers and prospects cannot connect with something that is foreign to them. And company credentials are not in their purview of things.
However trustworthy you may be, if you don’t learn the secret to connecting with customers and potential prospects through instant rapport, you will hear such things as these:
- “I need to get back with you.”
- “I need to think it over.”
- “I will talk it over with my spouse.”
- “I will make a decision soon.”
- “I can’t afford it.”
- “I will not decide now, I need time.”
- “This isn’t for me.”
- “I’m too busy.”
It doesn’t matter what the reason or excuse. If you do not learn the secret to connecting with customers and potential prospects in Network Marketing by building instant trust and rapport, you cannot succeed.
Building Trust and Rapport
Building rapport with clients and prospects is easy. We just need some rapport building statements that create instant trust.
So, what are rapport building statements and rapport building techniques? We share TWO facts from the point of view of our customers and prospects.
We will tell the prospect and client two facts that both of you believe to be true.
- “Everybody knows that two paychecks are better than one.”
- “It is hard to live today and still have enough money to save for the future.”
- “Everybody says pensions are not guaranteed anymore.”
- “We all want more options before we set a strategy for earning money.”
- “Smart people worry about their retirement.”
When you and the client and prospect see the world through the same eyes, you build instant trust and rapport.
So the secret to connecting with customers and potential prospects is by believing in the same set of two facts that they do. We only trust people who are like us., who think the same way that I think, who see things as I do.
We don’t trust people who are not similar to us, who do not think like us, who do not see things as we do.
For example, I learned the secret to connecting with customers and potential prospects a long time ago.
I met this woman in my hometown. She was retired and living on social security. I knew she would be a great leader in my team. I started by telling her about the compensation plan. I proceeded to show her pictures on my phone of the company headquarters. I moved on right into a dissertation on how great the training is. I noticed this lazy eye on the right side of her face started to droop. Next her face contorted and twisted. But I proceeded on with my perfect presentation.
Guess what? She didn’t join.
If I had known then like I know it today that the secret to connecting with customers and potential prospects is to build rapport with two facts she and I had believed to be true, that would not have happened.
I would have started out with something like this:
“Well, you know how smart people worry about their retirement, and how we also want to enjoy life now in our golden years without the worry of money? I just found out how retirees can earn an extra income working 12-15 hours a week without interfering with their social life. Meanwhile, how are your grandchildren?”
What would her response be? She would have asked me for a presentation. Then I would have given her a short one-minute presentation.
So the secret to connecting with customers and potential prospects is know your facts and use them well… know the facts which both you and your customers and potential prospects can agree with.
- “We all want to live a long, healthy life.”
- “Everyone needs to live somewhere.”
- “Keeping fit is time-consuming.”
- “Everyone loves a new car.”
- “Everyone loves a new home.”
- “We all want to save for retirement.”
- “Staying at home to look after your children is good.”
- “We all need to make a living.”
- “Buying our first home is exciting.”
- “Buying our first home can be scary.”
Using opening statements like these help us to connect with clients and prospects. They will think, “I understand you.”
Try some building rapport exercises of your own. It is fun and will help you with closing your prospects.
The secret to connecting with customers and potential prospects? The process is quite simple. Tell them one fact they can believe. Tell your prospect another fact they can believe. And don’t forget to smile.